Because Bowen treats the body as a whole it can bring improvement to many aspects of a dog’s health and it can be beneficial for
- Improving recovery times when used before and after operative surgery
- Effective maintenance and prevention for active working dogs
- Improving the quality of life for dogs with chronic conditions or diseases
- Rescue/re-homed dogs – relaxation of tension caused by earlier stress and trauma.
Common conditions which are often presented at Canine Bowen Technique sessions include:
- Back problems
- Arthritis and acute injury – sprains and strains
- Pre and Post surgery – reducing recovery times
- Hips and elbow dysplasia
- Lameness and other gait problems
- Stress and anxiety disorders
- Allergies and skin conditions
Canine Bowen Technique therapists do not diagnose, prescribe medication or alter any medication already prescribed for the dog.
When used on dogs, Canine Bowen Technique is regarded as a manipulative therapy covered by the Veterinary Surgery (Exemptions) Order 2015 of the 1966 Veterinary Surgeons Act, allowing qualified practitioners to work on the animal, on referral from the dog’s veterinarian.
Please download and complete our veterinary referral form here:
The gift which I am sending you is called dog and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind. Theodorus Gaza